Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I could "Fall" in love...

I love decorating for the fall.

The “Anne of Green Gables” in me comes out in me and I am not quite all here.
 I become "enraptured" in the gorgeous colors.


My imagination is taking me on walks through orange, red and yellow woods. I could just sit and gaze at the beauty of the changing season and be lost in my thoughts...

See I’m doing it now.

I love the crisp air, the warm days and cool nights. I love the colors especially. 

I do have to come back to earth sometimes. I have four little angels that keep me grounded here. *smile*

So I need to bring the beauty of autumn into my home.


Let's talk about my fall mantel.



**Update, this fall mantel was featured on Better Homes and Gardens website HERE**

Total dream come true!



Decorating for the fall because is so great because it lasts for so long.
You can decorate in September, and in October you can add in Halloween stuff,
then in November add in Thanksgiving items.

I love it.

Did I mention that already? I LOVE IT.

So right now I am making a general fall garland for my mantel.

I got a few bunches of fabric leaves from the craft store, I had a few more bunches laying in my “Fall Decoration” Box. I used maybe 5-ish bunches total.

I cut the stems off and gathered them in a pile on my living room floor.

I almost wanted to jump in it... But it wasn’t big enough,
and it wouldn’t have made that fantastic crunch noise either.


I got some twine and a really big needle.

In order to thread the needle with twine I put masking tape on the end of the twine, trimmed it down and poked it through. A secret I learned from my grandma :-)


Then I just threaded them on... While I dreamed that these were real leaves and I was in a secluded wood, with a bubbling creek running by....

There I go again.... Sorry.

I strung them on my mantel and put up a few pumpkins and berries.




And here's a few of the kiddo's, I love them too. 





I plan on adding more decorations but maybe I should save some things to show you next year.

And we can “fall” in love together once again.

Maybe this weekend we will take the family on a real excursion through the dappled woods. I’ll bring my camera so you will be able to dream about it with me.

Also, love the sunburst mirror.
HERE  is the link to how I made that.


Thanks - RM

This project was featured on At the Picket Fence. Thank you so much to Vanessa and Heather for their kind words and... well just,  awesomeness. You are both totally kindred spirits. *wink*

I was also featured over at French Country Cottage. Thank you Courtney.






15 comments:

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Gorgeous! (I'm a "kindred spirit" too- but I live in Texas and it's still 100 degrees.)

Rachael said...

@trophyw.blogspot.com Thank you so much! Always good to hear from another "kindred spirit". Glad you liked it. :-)

Anonymous said...

*sigh*.. so gorgeous.. so could I!!

Jessica @ FourGenerationsOneRoof said...

Hey Rachel! Thanks for stopping by NucheysMommy! I couldn't email you back b/c your email isn't activated on your profile so hopefully you get this! Thanks again :)

Rachael said...

@Jessica @ Nuchey's Mommy Sorry I'm new to this and there is a lot to figure out. Email enabled now :-) Thanks again! - RM

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

That looks so pretty and adds a great touch of fall to the room. I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

What a gorgeous mantel! I love your leaf garland, so festive!! Isn't fall the best? I just want to be outside all the time (after taking my antihistamine, of course) :)

laxsupermom said...

Love the garland! The whole mantel looks so festive! Fall's my favorite season, too. It's one of the reasons, I love living here(the Northeast.) Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and as the sole female in our house, I LOVE the name of your blog! ;-)

Eileen said...

Very pretty garland. i love how full it is. Such cute kiddos too!

At The Picket Fence said...

We just absolutely love this! Thank you so much for sharing it last weekend at our Inspiration Friday party. We will be featuring it at this week's party so be sure to stop by on Thursday night! :-)
Vanessa

Diane said...

I love your idea. I recently just posted a tute on a Fall Leaf arrangement. I put mine on the mantle too. And I thought this was funny too, I also have a mirror very similar in shape like the one you have in the picture on my mantle. We're almost the same people. Ha ha! I'm a new follower and would appreciate a follow back! I came over from Someday Crafts Linky Party.

Rachael said...

@At The Picket Fence Thank You! I'm new at this and I love being featured! Thanks again I will be sure to take a look.

Crazy Wonderful said...

This garland is sooo pretty!!! To my To-Do list it goes! And, can I just say your sunburst mirror is gorgeous!!! I sooooo wish I would have thought to tape those bundles of shims together - would have made life much easier! Ok, and using a wooden plate for the mirror surround - brilliant!

Rachael said...

@Shelley Shelley! I am so excited that you like my copy of your idea! You did an amazing job too. Imitation is the best form of flattery so I guess you must know how much I love the things you do. - RM

Anonymous said...

Im back again.. to tell you how much I envy you.. those leaves are just stunning.. I live in Dubai..and am not as lucky as you guys are... in respect to the weather..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...