Monday, September 26, 2011

That's a Pretty Big Pumpkin

This is our first year having a "real" garden. I've attempted to plant stuff before... but those poor plants never stood a chance.

But this year, SUCCESS! We have loads of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and... a big pumpkin.

A 40 pound pumpkin to be exact, it weights more then my 5 year old.

The kids are really excited about it so I took some pics and we had some fun with it.



T - he is 5 and this pumpkin is bigger then he is.


B- is 8 and I just love taking pictures of him because they are pretty funny.


C - will be 10 next month and he happily indulged me for pics.


J - is almost 12 and way too cool to have his picture taken with a pumpkin.
But I told him he could play computer games if he let me take pics.

Hopefully I will post more about this pumpkin and some of its siblings all carved for Halloween.

Just scroll up and glance through those again.....


This one is my fav I think.


I have STINKIN cute kids!

 - RM

4 comments:

Johnson said...

Yes you do. And that is a huge pumpkin.

Jenni said...

wow! how on earth did you manage to grow one THAT big?!?!

Rachael said...

@Jenni at Treacle and Ink We were just lucky. All we did was water it. I'm not a gardener so I'm pretty proud of it. Thanks ;-)

Anonymous said...

ha ha.. soooooooo cute!! Love your pics!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...