Thursday is my easy craft day and this seriously was, extremely easy.
It's also a great gift idea.
Soap, homemade soap.
We use a lot of soap in our house and I don't always like the soap pumps because I have one little son who thinks he needs about 10 pumps each time he washes his hands so we run out really fast.
Soap bars last longer.
Glycerin soap base - you can buy it at any craft store.
I used two kinds, plain and goats milk. I used about 1/4 of each box for this project.
You can also use dove soap bars, just cut them in to a few chunks.
Fragrance - (optional) also available at the craft store.
Add-ins: Use a few tablespoons of each.
I used oatmeal that I ground in a blender and lavender.
But you can use pretty much whatever you want,
honey, coffee, cinnamon etc.
How to make - this will take you 10 minutes or less to prepare.
1. Gather supplies
2. Cut up your soap base into chunks and put in in a microwave safe bowl.
Microwave it for about 2 minutes and then check it every 30 seconds or so until it is all melted.
3. Mix in your add-ins
4. Pour into a dish, loaf pan etc. and let cool for a few hours. You can buy a soap mold if you want to get fancy.
5. Run it under hot water to release it from the mold.
**UPDATE** People have been having trouble releasing it from a glass pan, metal pans work better for releasing, or you can put foil or plastic wrap under it and it will release more easily that way. My friend set her pan on top of a hot stove-top for a few seconds (count to 5), and the soap released that way.
6. Cut it into bars, you can smooth out the edges at this time, but I like it looking rough and homemade.
7. Wrap up cute and give away to friends
They smell great and I love washing my face with this
because the oatmeal makes it really great at exfoliating.