Monday, October 24, 2011

Autumn Pillow

Writing this blog has been great for getting unfinished projects done.

I started this project a few years ago.






This is what I found in my pile of unfinished projects. I thought to myself,
I could finish that real quick, and I did!

I finished the embroidery while I watched a movie then I sewed it into a pillow while my
hubs was reading to the kids for bedtime.



Here is a scan of my hand drawn pattern that you are welcome to use if you feel so inclined.
Drag it onto your desktop and print it out.
Then trace it onto your fabric with a pencil.

This fabric is muslin that I dyed with a few drops of brown and yellow craft paint mixed in water.
Iron the fabric to set the color if you dye it.


I like to put a piece of white felt behind my embroideries to give it a little extra weight and stability. I think it looks better too... and you can't see the mess of threads in the back.


Sewed it up with left over fabric that I had laying around.
And stuffed it with an Ikea pillow insert, they are the cheapest at Ikea, this one was $2
but at most craft stores they are around $8.


It turned out so cute I'm sad that I haven't had it until now.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

PJH Designs said...

Love the pillow and beautiful embroidery work. I also love to embroidery but now that I refurbish furniture don't have enough time to finish all my half done projets. lol Thanks for sharing.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Very pretty. I love embroidery. The pattern you drew is adorable :)

Carrie @ Dittle Dattle said...

Love the hand embroidery! Thank you for sharing with Amaze Me Monday blog party :D

senovia said...

This pillow is so cute! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...