Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This is My Life: Gah! No it's not a Halloween Decoration

On Sunday my Dad stopped by our house with a surprise.

This.



Yea... I was pretty surprised.

My cousin found it in her backyard. My dad was over paying them a Sunday visit and for some reason he thought that we would like it. I still don't have a clue why he thought that.

In all honesty he did call to ask but I had run over to the neighbors for a minute and mr. J answered the phone. Don't ever ask an 11 year old boy if he wants a tarantula! He will say yes!

I came home fron a nice chat with the neighbor and the kids ran up to me shouting
"Mom, mom, Grandpa's bringing us a tarantula!"

To which I replied "Yea right, your Grandpa has more sense then THAT...."
Nope, sorry Dad, but this confirms it.

I made a frantic phone call to my bro-in-law who said he would take it.
 So some of my worries were put to rest. 
(He actually seemed happy about it... weird)

But until we can take it over to him this weekend... 
A HUGE CREEPY SPIDER IS LIVING IN AN ICE-CREAM BUCKET IN MY SONS ROOM!
(Yes, I cyber-shouted that last line.)

I am trying really hard not to have nightmares about it.
And I'm trying not to run up there 50 times a day to make sure it's still secure.
And I'm trying not to think about it in general so WHY am I blogging about it? I ask myself....

Myself does not know.

I think I need to get out. Or maybe take a hot bath with my ipod turned up really loud...

If I'm not back tomorrow my whole family has been eaten by a huge arachnid.
Don't come over, just send the SWAT team.


*Update* Our hairy visitor is gone, off to torment some other 11 year old boys mother.


P.S. It's not that I don't want my kids to have pets... this pet is a little too creepy. But also, we have enough pets, one dog, six chickens, a lizard and some fish... and four kids. That's plenty for anyone.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

OMG! I don't know if I could even have it in my house!

~The Vreeken Family~ said...

I seriously could NOT handle that! I am really phobic of spiders...it freaked me out just seeing that picture. ICK!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...